Types of Wheel Balancing
There are a lot of people in the world having a car. But a few of them know to balance the tire of a car. Moreover, there also some types of balancing tires. Generally, there are two types of wheel balancing. In this part, we’ll discuss those two types.
- Static Wheel Balance
- Dynamic Wheel Balance
Static Wheel Balance
Static wheel balance means that the center of mass is in the center of the tire. Which means that the center of mass is where the tire rotates on its axis. Companies or auto shop mechanics measure the static balance with the help of a machine. They attach the tire to the spindle of the device. Gravity will cause the tire to deflect if it’s unbalanced. Computers have the latest sensor installed in the rod. These sensors detect the deflection.
Dynamic Wheel Balance
Dynamic balance means the ability of an object to self-balance while in motion. In the dynamic wheel balance, the inertia of the tire is aligned with the axis of the tire.
Nowadays, there are special sensors to which can determine the dynamic balance. These sensors can automatically balance the tire while you’re driving.
Homemade Static Tire Balancer
To make the homemade static tire balancer you’ll need:
- Two jack stands
- Threaded bolt (2 ft. long)
- One-inch nut (two)
- Bowl and wedge
- Weights (sticky instead of the clip)
- Spray lubricant
Follow the following steps to make static car balancer:
- Place two jack stands on the flat surface. Make sure that both the jacks are level and have the same height.
- Now, take the threaded bolt and insert it in the middle of the wheel.
- Fit the wedge in the center of the wheel. You can do this by attaching the bowl to the one side and wedge to the other.
- After attaching bowl and wedge. Now, you’ll need to apply the pressure on the wedge. Tighten the one-inch nut until wedge is drawn into the center.
- Now place the pipe on the jack. Use spray lubricant to spray the jack where the pipe rests.
- Spin the tire and heavy part of the tire will end at the bottom. Use carryon to mark the point. Now add weights to balance the tire.
- Repeat the process to make sure that the tire is perfectly balanced.
Our family has been in tires business from a long. I know all good and bad about tires. I would love to contribute my knowledge about tires, about all new tires coming to our stores.